Dear Powerful people,
I am very proud to say that I have been nominated to three Liebster Awards. Therefore to make things easier and not waste too much of your time, I have grouped all 30 questions with their answers here below. Keep on reading til the end, you won’t be disappointed 😉
Overloadedemotions’ questions part1:
1) Why did you get in writing?
I am constantly writing whether it’s my diary, my thoughts, my views on the world… it helps me get it out there and make sure I don’t forget. I can always look back at my writings and remember what I told myself. It’s basically conversations with my present and future self (if that makes any sense). I also really want to motivate people into giving the best of themselves and being strong. So I just thought why not share that with the world and start a blog? If it’s helping me, it could help others as well…
That’s why I started my blog.
2) What’s that one event in your life which taught you the most?
I was bullied. People used to hate on me. They would tell me to shut up every time I would open my mouth. That I was dumb, that I was stupid, that I was useless. Haha, little did they know who they had in front of them. So I did. I shut up and got scared to death of speaking in public. But inside I was boiling. To this day I still do not know why they acted this way, probably because I was shy and sensitive. But I had a willpower of a thousand men. I took it in. Tried to defend myself but it was useless. They outnumbered me in everything. But I never lost HOPE. I always knew and I always kept telling myself that ONE DAY, one day it will all make sense again, one day it will be my day. All I wanted was to pass my exams and get out of there on to my future to do great things. They say the best revenge is success, and they are right. This is what I am working on now.
But funny thing is, during that time, I felt happy. Happy with myself, with who I was, that I wasn’t surrendering and becoming one of them. See, where I lived, it was a pretty closed minded area where it’s all about what you wear and who you hang out with and it’s so small every one speaks about everyone, but worst of all they are all fake to your face. So you never know who your real friends are. And I hated that. And I didn’t want to be like that. So I kept myself to myself and as the introvert that I am, I guess that’s probably when I started writing just to motivate myself. To keep my flame alive. What got me though this time are my family and my faith. My Family because every time I came home, I was safe. They provided me with sanity, with a safe and loving background, I could always go back to. My faith in God to let me know I was not alone and my faith in the future that told me that one day I would make it.
I was twelve when it happened. After that and for the rest of my schooling they kind of left me alone, but yeah I was alone. I went to the library during breaks cause I had no one to go to really. I got drowned in my studies just so I could get out of there faster. Now, it’s been three years. I’m out of the water. But the fight is still on. I’m not giving up. There’s this place where I need to be and I’m going to try all I have to get there. They say success is the best of revenge, well get prepared cause I’m on my way.
That’s probably why I write motivational blogs today. Because I got through it with an open heart and I want to help others in the same situation to get through it too. Everything is possible. Now I am so much stronger than I was I can just take on anything. I’ve been to hell, I’m not going back!
3) What’s the one thing you like about yourself and why?
I’m very competitive. This pushes me to always deliver my best performance, always set myself new challenges, new goals and stay very active. It makes life all the more fun!
4) Who is your favorite writer and why?
I wouldn’t say I have a favorite writer (but would love to be given suggestions on that!) but I will answer by saying my favorite influencer is Eric Thomas. I really like the speeches he gives, the passion in his voice and the truthfulness of his words. I read his book and I think his story too is incredible and make him all the more relatable. (Really recommend!)
5) What is your definition of being successful in life?
Being heard. Having a voice that matters. If I can share what I think with the world and make a difference, leave a trace, then yeah, I’ll be successful. But it also means so much more: having a career that matters, by working for myself and defending my ideas, creating value for the world and being valued.
6) How do you handle fear in your life?
I don’t. I’m scared to death about a lot of things like taking an initiative in public, fear of being judged, but I’ve learned to not take it so seriously and that it’s ok to make fun of yourself sometimes. Humour is the best help really.
7) Given a chance, will you change anything about you?
Nope. I am the way God made me and I am proud of that. I can work on some things but since I’m on my way there I have already taken that chance to change it. Everything I have is what makes me unique.
8) What inspires you the most about writing?
Knowing that I can brighten up people’s day from across the world who read my blogs. Just imagining myself being a friend that writes to you to tell you that you can make it through hard times.
9) Give yourself a tagline.
Motivated by Life itself.
10) What do you need to trust a person??
I have no idea. I tend to not trust people so I’m probably not the best person to ask that really.
Overloadedemotions’ questions part 2:
1) Why did you start writing?
Refer to above 😉 .
2) If you can, what one thing about your past would you like to change?
Nothing. I live with no regrets. What happened happened and if I didn’t succeed, I learned.
3) The person who influenced you the most.
My grandmother. She is a role model to me. She is so strong, such a powerful person and never takes any shit from anyone. Probably the Lebanese roots help. But she is never afraid to tell people to their face what she thinks of them and if they are wrong. She always stands her ground. You cannot shake her. She always knows how to get what she wants from people and she always says out loud what others are thinking but too scared to say. She lives by duty. But inside she has her heart on her sleeve for the people who matter, her family. She has great values that she stands by throughout the years. A great life lesson that she was. Always in my heart.
4) What suggestions would you like to give me? Can be related to poetry or any life lesson.
Keep on writing from your heart.
5) Which three bloggers you idolize?
I only idolize God. Sorry.
6) What is the most bold decision you took in your life?
To stay true to myself. Always.
7) What are your favorite books?
I like books that are going to teach me something: it could be about someone successful sharing his way to success, a politician sharing his views or guides to learn new skills. I recently finished a book Jack Ma’s story and I think his message is incredible and gives so much hope to people.
8) What would you like to do in the last day of your life?
Look back and think that I have done every possible thing that I could to achieve my goals and have the impact I wanted to have on people and on the world.
9) What colour do you prefer? Black or White? Ans on the basis of what they represents.
I like white because it leaves you with a blank canvas and you can basically start drawing or writing anything from there but black is also interesting because it is so dark you can only make it better from there on.
10) How do you see love?
Complicatedly Simple. A gift of God.
Meher Gandhi’s questions:
- What does writing/blogging mean to you?
Blogging means sharing my thoughts, sharing my view on life. I write to motivate myself, to give advice, to make sure I capture my thoughts at a specific moment in time when I’m feeling a certain way. Anything to just let it out and make sure I don’t forget. I’m constantly writing: my feelings, my thoughts, my diary… So I just thought why not share that with the world and start a blog? If it’s helping me, it could help others as well…
- If you could visit any of your favourite destinations right now, which one would it be?
Lebanon. Being half Lebanese is one of the things I am very proud of because it is so different from Europe. It is always very animated and the people are very welcoming. Their country has a lot of problems but they always have a positive outlook on life.
- If you could change one thing about this world, what would it be and why?
The way people think.
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
The time spent with my family.
- Do you ever face writer’s block/blogger’s block? If yes then, how do you deal with it?
If I don’t write some days it’s because I feel like what I’m going to write isn’t going to match to what I’ve written in the past because it might be repetitive from what I’ve already said. That’s pretty lame actually haha.
- If you could describe your writings is one word, what would it be?
- What comes to your mind when I say the word ‘peace’?
World peace: controversially impossible
Inner peace: the way to go.
- Do you think the present and the future generations will be able to bring about more of love and harmony in the world or do you think the worms of greed and hatred will consume us all?
Mix of both. Like it’s always been.
- What is the one thing you like the most about blogging?
Sharing my views on life with the world. I like blogging because it is the one place where I can express what I feel freely.
- Do you like to read? Which is your favourite book?
I love reading, unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time for it but I do try to read before going to bed cause it helps me sleep. I don’t yet have a favorite book but I would love to discover more great books so if you have any suggestions let me know!
I would like to nominate:
- Living what you love
- Emmanuel Rockan
- Beckie’s mental mess
…and anyone else who wishes to answer these questions and share their story!
My questions are:
- What does writing mean to you/ how did you start?
- Who is the person who inspires you the most in your life?
- Share a moment that made you stronger
- What is your definition of being successful?
- What’s that one event in your life which taught you the most?
- Share one happy memory
- Do you have a passion? If so what is it? If not, something that you really enjoy doing
- What is one of your goals/dreams in life?
- Are you religious? If so what does it mean to you?
- What would you do if you could rule the world?
- Anything else you would like to share?
I know they are quite hard questions but you don’t have to write essays for each 😉
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3) Nominate 5-11 blogs.
4) Ask the bloggers 10 to 11 questions.